The U.S. shipbuilding industry is perhaps the most vivid example of a vanishing industrial base. After World War II there were over 1.2 million shipyard workers in the United States. Now only 200,000 are left. The job losses translate directly into a loss of maritime dominance.
- Pelletier Elected to AFL-CIO Executive Council
- Wisconsin Workers file law suit to stop right--to-work
- Boeing Workers, IAM to Seek Union Election in South Carolina
- Tell the New Mexico Senate to Reject Right-to-Work Law
- Join the Stop Fast Track Lobby Day on March 4
- NMB Process Plods Along
- Canada Territory News
iMail updates e-mailed directly to your inbox!