The U.S. shipbuilding industry is perhaps the most vivid example of a vanishing industrial base. After World War II there were over 1.2 million shipyard workers in the United States. Now only 200,000 are left. The job losses translate directly into a loss of maritime dominance.
- Tell Congress to Protect Due Process Rights for Veterans Affairs Employees
- Tell Congress to Keep Its Pension Promises
- Tell Congress to Revive the Export-Import Bank
- Tell the House to Vote NO on Disapproval of New NLRB Election Rules
- Tell Congress to Vote "No" on Privatizing the Tennessee Valley Authority
- New York Local 330 Completes WWW Negotiating Preparation Class
- Midwest Territory Guide Dogs events raise over $300,000
- Southern Workers Rise Up in Two More IAM Organizing Victories
- Western Workers Choosing IAM for Voice on Job
- Join the Stop Fast Track Lobby Day on March 4
- TWU-IAM Association Schedules New Meetings: Reconciliation Process Continues
- Canada Territory News
iMail updates e-mailed directly to your inbox!