The U.S. shipbuilding industry is perhaps the most vivid example of a vanishing industrial base. After World War II there were over 1.2 million shipyard workers in the United States. Now only 200,000 are left. The job losses translate directly into a loss of maritime dominance.
- New York Local 330 Completes WWW Negotiating Preparation Class
- Illinois Mechanics organize 19 new members
- Southern Workers Rise Up in Two More IAM Organizing Victories
- Western Workers Choosing IAM for Voice on Job
- Join the Stop Fast Track Lobby Day on March 4
- IAM ExpressJet Flight Attendants Pound the Pavement, Demand Equal Pay
- Canada Territory News
iMail updates e-mailed directly to your inbox!