One of the most important bills for working families in years - the Employee Free Choice Act would enable workers to bargain for better wages, benefits and working conditions by restoring their rights to form unions. For too long, workers have had to deal with employers who routinely fire, threaten and coerce employees in efforts to keep workers unorganized.
CLICK HERE TO TELL CONGRESS TO PASS THE EMPLOYEE FREE CHOICE ACT
Get involved and join the fight to improve the lives of middle class families through the Employee Free Choice Act.
- Trumka: Higher Wages Key to Economic Recovery
September 1, 2009 - In a recent speech at the Center for American Progress in Washington, D.C., AFL-CIO Secretary-Treasurer Rich Trumka said there have been two economies operating in the United States for years: the real economy and the financial economy.
- The Union Difference: More Family-Friendly Workplaces
July, 2009 - A new study has found unions help make workplaces more family-friendly, providing one more reason to support the Employee Free Choice Act.
- Sen. Arlen Specter Stumbles on Bill Press Show
July, 2009 - Sen. Arlen Specter (D-Pa) continues to waffle and perpetuate knowing falsehoods about legislation aimed at giving working families freedom to bargain for better wages, benefits and a secure means for saving for retirement.
Some further information:
- The Employee Free Choice Act - (H.R. 800)
- George Miller’s Statement on the Employee Free Choice Act (Miller (D-CA) is the Chairman of the Education and Labor Committee)
- Why We Need The EFCA: Talking Points
- Why Retirees Should Care About the Employee Free Choice Act