The IAM joins labor in bringing the secretly-negotiated Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade agreement out from the shadows.
TPP is poised to become the biggest free trade agreement since NAFTA. Like the deeply-flawed NAFTA, TPP promises job growth – but will instead export thousands of U.S. jobs to low-wage countries. The trade agreement, currently being negotiated by nearly a dozen countries including the U.S., also threatens key labor, health, safety and environmental standards.
The first major fight to stop the corporate-backed Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) is to defeat so-called “Fast Track” legislation now pending in Congress. Fast Track, also used to pass NAFTA, allows only a yes or no vote by Congress on the final TPP agreement and bars any amendments or other actions to change provisions that are harmful to American workers or the economy.
What you can do:
- Be Informed: 10 Facts About Fast Track
- Take Action: Tell Congress to vote NO on Fast Track
- Sign the AFL-CIO No Fast Track petition at the AFL-CIO No Fast Track Site
- Distribute the IAM Stop Fast Track flier
- Connect with other activists on www.StopFastTrack.com
- Learn why Fast Track legislation is bad for working families