• Phil Angelides has pledged to make creating and keeping California jobs a top priority. Under Angelides’ leadership, the California Capital Access Program (CalCAP) has made over 2,000 loans – including “micro-loans” – loans as small as $500, but generally less than $40,000 – to create or preserve over 14,000 California jobs.
• Phil Angelides believes that working families deserve affordable access to quality health care. He says the health care crisis must be addressed in the near future if we are to build an economy and a society of enduring strength.
• .Angelides is supporting efforts to increase access and ultimately provide coverage to all California families.
• As Chair of the California Health Facilities Financing Authority (CHFFA), Angelides launched innovative new programs to support community health clinics serving families, the disabled and the elderly.
• Phil Angelides believes that California’s quality of life and future economic competitiveness depend upon a world-class system of education. He served as Co-Chair of the Sacramento Mayor’s Commission on Education and the City’s Future in 1995-96, and he led a unique bipartisan civic committee that helped turn around the city’s troubled school district.
• Phil Angelides says he will strengthen California’s schools by attracting bright young people to teaching and giving teachers the support and training they need and deserve.