The Oregon Dept. of Forestry issued this news release ON Sept. 28, 2015
Burning ban remains in effect in Linn and Benton counties
Even though the calendar says summer has passed, residents of Linn and Benton counties are reminded that the ban on backyard debris burning that began June 15 remains in effect until further notice.
The annual burn ban continues with the provision “until further notice” due to the current fire danger.
Rain received so far this month has had no enduring effect on wildfire risk.
“Oregon has endured a significant wildfire season. Forest fuel conditions are still tinder dry and will need a prolonged wetting rain event to recover,” said Albany Fire Department Chief John Bradner.
Rural fire agencies and the Oregon Department of Forestry have the authority to enforce and regulate the burn ban. Under Oregon Revised Statute Chapter 477, the department may issue citations for violation of the burning restrictions.
For more information on the open burning restrictions as well as advice on safe debris disposal, contact the nearest Department of Forestry office or the local fire department.