The IAM is strongly supporting legislation that would help ensure America’s workforce and businesses remain intact during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Paycheck Guarantee Act, introduced by U.S. Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-WA), would:
– End the current wave of mass layoffs
– Bring previously displaced workers back onto their employers’ payroll
– Prevent employers from being forced to permanently close their doors
– Keep workers connected to their employer-sponsored health insurance
Here is how you can take action:
1) Call 866-829-3298. Tell your House Representative to co-sponsor the Paycheck Guarantee Act.
“It will get money into the hands of workers quickly and efficiently by using employers’ existing payroll systems,” wrote IAM International President Robert Martinez Jr. in a letter to members of the House. “By keeping workers attached to their jobs, the legislation will serve to speed up our economic recovery as a nation and ultimately reduce the overall cost of this extraordinary crisis.”