The USDOT is allocating $600 million for transportation projects in 46 states and the District of Columbia.
Grants totaling more than $131 million were awarded to 17 rail and transit-related projects, including:
• $20 million for upgrades to the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority’s Ruggles Station;
• $12.5 million for improvements along Amtrak’s Southwest Chief corridor in Colorado;
• $12.2 million for the M-1 Rail streetcar project in Detroit;
• $12 million for the reconstruction of a state-owned freight-rail line between Chamberlain and Presho, S.D.;
• $11.8 million for the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s Eastside Access project; and
• $8.2 million for upgrades to the New England Central Railroad’s line in Connecticut.
• City of Industry’s 57/60 Confluence Freight Corridor Project
Click here to read the full release from the USDOT.