On Thursday, May 03, 2007 Local Lodge 610 of District Lodge 166 in Cape Canaveral Florida and Local Lodge 2786 in Santa Maria California concluded negotiations with United Launch Alliance-Atlas Launch Operations for the facilities at the Kennedy Space Center and Cape Canaveral in Florida and Vandenberg Air Force Base in California. These negotiations were held in Cocoa Beach Florida.
The following highlights are provided for your review:
* 3 Year Agreement effective 07 May 2004 through 02 May 2007
* 4% General Wage Increase the first year and 3% in the second and third year
* All GWI’s applied to all minimum and maximum rates
* $2000.00 ratification bonus to be paid on May 28, 2004
* Increased COLA Supplements of $700.00 each December of the Agreement
* Pension plan increased from $60.00 to $70.00 per month per year of credited service and retroactive to 01 January 2007
* Requirement for Company to make annual submissions to Union on status of Pension Plan, Notice of modifications/amendments within 30 days, and notice if Plan falls below 95% funding.
* Increased Company contributions to Early Retiree Medical Plan
* Increased TDY pay from $2.00 per hour to $4.00 per hour for all TDY hours, portal to portal.
* Daily per diem rate increased from $44.00 to $59.00 per day on continental USA travel
* Daily per diem rates raised from $85.00 to $100.00 per day for travel outside the continental USA
* Travel allowance for personal vehicle use increased from $0.37 to $0.485 per mile
* Accident and Sickness insurance at the Cape location increased from $450.00 to $500.00 per week
* 37 Paid Holidays over life of the agreement
* Increased Company paid Basic Life Insurance and AD&D from $28k to $31k
* New restriction limiting the number of Lead employees who may be held out of line of seniority.
* New language requiring the Company to pay for time required for any Company required testing.
* New provisions on TDY travel as proposed by Union insuring travel arrangements.
* Various other areas of improvement in contract language
The Negotiating Committees from both sites did a journeyman’s job in behalf of their membership. As these were the initial negotiations with the newly from Boeing-Lockheed Martin joint venture company of United Launch Alliance, negotiations were unique from the start as to how the company and Union would work on programs. Additionally, our bargaining unit is now approximately ¼ it’s size from three years ago. Committee members from Local Lodge 610 in Cape Canaveral Florida were Nick Mrdjenovich, Steve Mosley and Cliff Prince. Committee members from Local Lodge 2786 at Vandenberg AFB in California were Steve Watts, Jim Asel and Tom Roeder.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank General Vice President Pearson for the outstanding assistance and experience Grand Lodge Representative Don Whitaker has again brought to these negotiations. His expertise and knowledge of the history behind the formation of this collective bargaining agreement and continuity with the membership of Local Lodge provided an invaluable resource during these negotiations.
Additionally, District Lodge 166 Directing Business Representative Johnny Walker is to be commended for the outstanding job he did in behalf of our membership at Local Lodge 610. Without Brother Walker’s leadership and knowledge of the issues during these negotiations a successful conclusion may not have been attained.