The following announcement is from the International Labor Rights Forum, 1634 I Street, NW, Suite 1001, Washington, DC 20006. Tel: 202-347-4100 http://www.laborrights.org/
October 1, 2014
||Fundraising and Operations Assistant
||Full-time/ Exempt/Member of IFPTE Local 70 Bargaining Union
Position will be a key member of the ILRF Administrative team and play an integral role in supporting back-office functions. Position is responsible for database administration; donor communication; Board liaison/scheduling; event logistics and planning support; intern program coordination; as well as providing administrative support to the Executive Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Executive Director, including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments, drafting acknowledgment letters and personal correspondence, arranging meeting agendas, and note-taking during a variety of meetings.
- Communicates directly, on behalf of the Executive Director, with Board members, donors, and others.
- Assist with Board meeting logistics and liaise with Board members on various planning, follow-up, and communications needs.
- Work closely with Executive Director or Development Director to plan and carry out all aspects of logistics for ILRF’s annual fundraiser event and other donor events.
- Maintain the donor database including performing research, running reports, and producing acknowledgements and other correspondence including preparing donor outreach.
- Enter new contacts into constituent database and perform regular database maintenance.
- Work with designers, printers and mail house on the production of large mailings.
- Manage funder data, ensuring timely data entry, clean-up, sorting and preparation for annual fundraising appeal.
- Provide “reception” function for the organization by assisting visitors to the office.
- Perform general office duties – primary phone coverage; order/stock office supplies; reserve conference rooms; order/coordinate in-house meeting refreshments; manage primary email inbox; process and distribute incoming/outgoing mail.
- Prepare bank deposits of checks/cash; input data in Salsa database and QuickBooks.
- Process Accounts Payable including preparation of check/wire requests; entry into QuickBooks; print checks for signature; mail checks; file documentation.
- Assist with the monthly review of timesheets, coordination of 3rd party IT vendor, and ad hoc website updates as needed by program staff.
- Publicize the organization’s intern program to area universities; conduct initial review of internship applications.
- Degree: Bachelor’s Degree
- Years of Experience: 2+ years’ experience in nonprofit administration, membership, event planning, or fundraising role.
- Computer Equipment and Software: Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Windows, QuickBooks, Salsa and/or other nonprofit databases, and social media sites. Familiarity with updating web site content.
- Skills and Abilities: Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and prioritize tasks. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Excellent communication skills including oral, written, and interpersonal.
- Professional and Collaborative: Ability to represent ILRF professionally at meetings and coordinate effectively with other ILRF staff and allies.
- Commitment: Candidates will be supportive of ILRF’s mission.
ILRF has a generous benefits package. The salary for this position will depend on experience. Please submit your resume, cover letter and fundraising writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ILRF IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND ACTIVELY RECRUITS WOMEN, PEOPLE OF COLOR, PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES, AND PERSONS WITH DIVERSE GENDER AND SEXUAL IDENTITIES.
This description does not constitute an employment contract, implied or otherwise.