Haiti is a scene of unimaginable devastation and human tragedy today.
Please do all you can to help Haitians survive Tuesday’s massive earthquake by donating to one of the many service organizations listed at the bottom of this story.
This is a tough time for many of you. But we show our true character by helping those in greater need than ourselves even when it is hard.
TCU members and other working family activists are the most giving, selfless people in the world.
Thousands of Haitians have died, and no one knows how many remain trapped in rubble. Haiti, already the poorest nation in this hemisphere, desperately needs medical services, food, water, shelter—everything.
Donations may be made to:
- Partners in Health: www.pih.org/inforesources/news/Haiti_Earthquake.html or send your contribution to Partners In Health, P.O. Box 845578, Boston, MA 02284-5578.
- Doctors Without Borders: www.doctorswithoutborders.org or call toll free at 1-888-392-0392. USA Headquarters 333 7th Ave., 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10001-5004.
- American Red Cross International Response Fund: www.redcross.org/org or call toll free at 1-800-REDCROSS or 1-800-257-7575 (Spanish). Contributions also can be mailed to American Red Cross, P.O. Box 37243, Washington, DC 20013 or to your local American Red Cross chapter (specify if you want to make sure your donation will benefit Haiti).
- RN Response Network: www.NationalNursesUnited.org.
- United Way Worldwide Disaster Fund: https://volunteer.united-e-way.org/uwwwdisaster/donate/ or mail checks with the fund reference to United Way Worldwide, P.O. Box 630568, Baltimore, MD 21263-0568.
Those interested in providing volunteer assistance should contact the Center for International Disaster Information, at http://www.cidi.org/.