June 18, 2007 – The June 2007 Economic Snapshot from The Center For American Progress points to some troubling signs for job growth and the economy.
Highlights from the snapshot include:
• Job growth, which was already weak, is slowing.
• Wage growth is lagging.
• Employer-provided pensions and health insurance continue to decline.
• Household debt is climbing.
• The housing market continues to struggle.
• Gas prices are rising.
• The trade deficit remains high.
Read Christian Weller’s entire economic snapshot at The Center for American Progress.